Thursday, December 29, 2022

Westchester Insider: Westchester County Legislator Mary Jane Shimsky 12th District: Legislator Shimsky's Farewell to County Legislative District 12.

 


Dear Constituents, 

As you may be aware, on December 31, 2022, I will finish my tenure as County Legislator for the 12th District.

On January 1, 2023, I will assume my new role as Assemblymember for New York State’s 92nd District. Because this district comprises almost all of the Town of Greenburgh (in addition to Mount Pleasant and a small portion of northern Yonkers), I will still be representing about 90% of my current constituents in the State Legislature.

Thanks to your support and input these past 12 years, we’ve been able to do so much together: we’ve begun to deal with our flooding issues, hold Con Ed to account before State regulators, invest in our County parks and infrastructure, enhance the green efficiency of County facilities, hold the opioid industry to account for the destruction they’ve caused in our communities, ensure protections at women’s health clinics, raise the tobacco age to 21, and so much more. My staff and I have worked hard to ensure that our constituents receive the services they need and should have. I look forward to moving to State government to address these pressing concerns in a body with more power to enact meaningful change.

I believe in the power of local government to change lives for the better. That maxim has been my guiding light during these years of proudly serving each of you, and I know it will inform whoever my successor will be. I look forward to carrying our momentum forward to Albany so that even more New Yorkers can benefit from a conscientious, common-sense approach to good governance and improving lives. You will all be in my thoughts as I begin this important work.

Please know that I will continue to be available as I transition to representing Assembly District 92. I am carrying on my work here at the Board through the end of December. Starting in January, you will be able to reach me through the Assembly member directory at nyassembly.gov/mem/. I look forward to hearing from you.

May your holidays and New Year be happy, safe, and healthy.

Sincerely,

MaryJane Shimsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Westchester Insider: Political Advertisement: Democrat Adeel Mirza for Westchester County District Attorney.

V ote for Adeel Mirza Democrat for Westchester County District Attorney in the Democratic Party Primary on June 25th. Adeel Mirza; Experienc...