Friday, April 22, 2022

Westchester Insider: Election Desk 2022: Statement from Lisa Hofflich Democrat for New York State Senate 36th District: What Earth Day Means for the Bronx and Westchester: Elections 2022.


Our planet will significantly change in the coming decades unless we take real action. We can’t talk about this anymore — climate change is already here. 

 

I’m running for State Senate because I want to leave my children with a healthier planet than the one my generation inherited. It’s why I’ve already fought during my government service to ensure General Electric did its part to clean up the Hudson River; brought together federal, state, and local stakeholders to re-envision Mt. Vernon’s water infrastructure; pushed for funding for communities raved by severe weather events related to climate change; championed the mitigation and remediation of toxic chemicals like PFAS and lead in our drinking water; protected our natural water resources against invasive species; and helped set clean jobs standards. 

 

As your State Senator, I’ll introduce legislation strengthening environmental standards that protect the water we drink and the air we breathe. I’ll support budgets that ensure we build the renewable energy infrastructure we need to power tomorrow – and this work must create good-paying jobs for the members of the environmental justice communities bearing the burden of yesterday’s mistakes. 

 

All my best, 


Lisa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Westchester Insider: **PRESS RELEASE**WESTCHESTER COUNTY LEGISLATOR ERIKA PIERCE ANNOUNCES FUNDING FOR ENDEAVOR THERAPEUTIC HORSEMANSHIP PROGRAM.

( L-R: Patricia Byrns, Director of Development, Emily Bushnell, Executive Director Stryker, Equine Partner, Lisa Maksimyadis, Instructor &am...